Food and Drink: Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Assistant Fishmonger
- Bivalve Purification Manager/Supervisor
- Fish and Shellfish Processing Technical Manager/Supervisor
- Manager/Deputy Manager/Shift Supervisor of Fish and Chip Shop
- Master Fishmonger
Apprentices will achieve a practical and theory-based (or 'combined') qualification:
- Certificate for Proficiency in Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills
- Diploma for Proficiency in Fish and Shellfish Industry Skills
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.