IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Analyst Developer
- IT Project Manager
- IT Service Manager
- Network / Telecoms Manager
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Diploma in ICT Professional Competence (PROCOM)
- Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals
- Diploma in Professional Competence for IT and Telecoms Professionals (PROCOM)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Cambridge Technical Diploma in IT
- Diploma for ICT Professional (Systems and Principles)
- Diploma for ICT Professionals (Systems and Principles)
- Diploma in Computing and Systems Development
- Foundation Degree in Computing - (Framework 418)
- Foundation Degree in Computing and IT Practice - (Framework 418)
- Foundation Degree in Information and Communication Technology (Framework 418)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.