Fashion and Textiles: Leather goods
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Leather Craftworker
- Leather goods Service Operative
- Pattern Cutter
- Product Tester
- Quality Control Inspector
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Footwear and Leather (NVQ)
- NVQ Certificate in Footwear and Leather
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Apparel, Footwear, Leather or Textile Production
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.