Vehicle Body and Paint: Body Refinishing
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £5,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Paint Technician
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Diploma in Accident Repair Paint Competence
- Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Competence
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Diploma in Accident Repair Paint Principles
- Diploma in Vehicle Accident Repair Paint Principles
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.