Vehicle Maintenance and Repair: Heavy Vehicle
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Heavy Vehicle Diagnostic Technician
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Competence
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
- Extended Diploma in Heavy Vehicle Maintenance and Repair Principles
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.