Activity Leadership: Outdoors
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £1,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Activity Instructor (e.g. Climbing Wall Instructor)
- Activity leader
- Assistant and trainee variations
- Outdoor Instructor
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Introductory Work in the Outdoors
- Award in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- BTEC Certificate in Sailing and Watersports
- BTEC Subsidiary Certificate in Sailing and Watersports
- Certificate In Coaching Cable Wakeboarding
- Certificate in Coaching Orienteering
- Certificate in Introductory Work in the Outdoors
- Extended Certificate in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.