Activity Leadership: Leadership
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Activity Leader
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Activity Leadership
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- BTEC Certificate in Leadership Through Sport
- BTEC Diploma in Leadership Through Sport
- Certificate in Coaching
- Certificate in Increasing Participation in Sport and Active Leisure in Community Settings
- Certificate in Leading Health-Related Activity Sessions
- Certificate in Supporting Learning in Physical Education and School Sport
- Certificate in the Principles and Preparations for Coaching Sport
- Diploma in Active Leisure
- Diploma in Health and Fitness
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.