This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Activity Supervisor(e.g. Climbing Wall Supervisor)
- Assistant and trainee variations
- Group Leader / Counsellor
- Head of Activity
- Outdoor Instructor
- Project Leader
- Senior Instructor
- Team Leader / Supervisor
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Outdoor Programmes
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- BTEC Certificate in Sailing and Watersports
- BTEC Diploma in Sailing and Watersports
- Certificate in Coaching Wakeboarding
- Certificate in Coaching Water Skiing
- Certificate in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- Diploma in Skills and Activities for Sport and Active Leisure (Outdoor Education)
- Qualification in Lowland Expedition Leadership
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.