Improving Operational Performance: Performing Manufacturing Operations
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Assembly operator
- Maintenance operator
- Manufacturing process operator
- Production inspector
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Performing Manufacturing Operations
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Award in Awareness of the Industrial Environment
- Award in Industrial Environment Awareness
- Certificate in Engineering
- Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Certificate in Improving Performance for Manufacturing Engineering Operations
- Certificate in Manufacturing Practices
- Certificate in Metals Industries Processes
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Extended Certificate in Engineering (Specialist: Manufacturing Engineering)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.