Sustainable Resource Management
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 22 months
- Current funding band
Up to £1,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Compost Operative
- Environmental Services Operative
- Household Waste Recycling Centre (HWRC) Operative
- Materials Recycling Facility Operative (Picker Sorter)/ Recycling Operative (Reception Processing) /
- Recyclables Collection Driver
- Recyclables Collection Loader
- Recycling Operative (Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment - WEEE)
- Refuse Collection Loader
- Reuse Collection Driver
- Reuse Collection Operative
- Reuse Operative/Reuse Sales Operative
- Team Leader
- Transfer Station Operative
- Waste Collection Driver
- Weighbridge Operative
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative
- Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Collection Driver)
- Certificate for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Collection)
- Certificate in Front Line Environmental Services
- Diploma for Sustainable Recycling Activities
- Diploma for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Team Leader)
- Diploma for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Waste Site Operative)
- Diploma for Sustainable Waste Management Operative (Weighbridge Operative)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Principles of Sustainable Resource Management
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.