Laboratory and Science Technicians: Education Science
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Laboratory Technician Education Science (General)
- Laboratory Technician Education Science (Maintenance)
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Laboratory and Associated Technical Activities
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC Diploma in Applied Science
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Applied Science
- BTEC HNC Diploma in Applied Chemistry
- BTEC Subsidiary Diploma in Applied Science
- Certificate in Laboratory Technical Skills
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.