Construction Civil Engineering: Highways Maintenance
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Highways Maintenance Operative
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Certificate in Roadbuilding and Maintenance (Construction)
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering - Highways Maintenance
- NVQ Diploma in Construction Operations and Civil Engineering Services - Highways Maintenance (Construction)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Highways Maintenance - Excavation and Reinstatement Operations (Construction)
- Certificate in Highways Maintenance - Kerbs and Channels (Construction)
- Certificate in knowledge of Construction Operations-Highways Maintenance
- Diploma in Construction Occupations
- Diploma in Construction Occupations - Highways Maintenance
- Diploma in Highways Maintenance - Excavation Operations (Construction)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.