The Water Industry: Water Industry
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 20 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Leakage Field Technician
- Network Design Technician
- Network Construction Technician
- Process Operations Supervisor
- Process Operations Technician
- Wastewater Technician
- Water Distribution Technician
- Water Fittings Inspector
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Certificate in Maintain Water Supply (Network)
- Certificate in Water Fittings Regulations Enforcement
- Diploma in Controlling Process Operations
- Diploma in Designing Water Networks
- Diploma in Leakage Control
- Diploma in Managing and Controlling Process Operations
- Diploma in Network Construction Operations (Water)
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Diploma in Water Engineering
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.