Engineering Manufacture: Materials Processing and Finishing
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Casting Inspector
- Die Caster
- Mould and Core maker
- Process engineer (Casting)
- Sand Caster
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Materials Processing and Finishing
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Engineering Technologies
- Certificate in Metals Industries Processes
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering Technologies
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Extended Certificate in Engineering (Specialist: Manufacturing Engineering)
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.