Coaching: Coaching Swimming
This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £1,500 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Club Coach / Instructor
- Community Sports Coach
- Diving Coach/ Water Polo Coach
- Swimming Coach
- Swimming Teacher
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- Diploma in Coaching Learn to Swim
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- Certificate in Coaching Diving
- Certificate in Coaching Swimming
- Certificate in Coaching Synchronised Swimming
- Certificate in Coaching Water Polo
- Certificate in Swimming Teaching
- Certificate in Teaching Aquatics
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.