This information is taken from an apprenticeship framework. It sets out what qualifications the apprentice can achieve.
- 3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Your chosen training provider can advise you about entry requirements for apprentices.
- Suitable roles for apprentices
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the kinds of skills apprentices will learn.
- Carbon Fibre Pre Preg Technicians
- Composite Assemblies Fitter
- Composite Pattern Maker
- Composite Technician
- Composite Assembly Technician / Repair Technician
- GRP Finisher/Laminator (Large Structures)
- GRP Finisher/Laminator (Small Structures)
- Manufacturing Process Engineer
- Tooling Engineer
Apprentices will achieve a practical (or 'competence') qualification:
- NVQ Diploma in Composite Engineering
- NVQ Extended Diploma in Composite Engineering
Apprentices will also achieve a theory-based (or 'knowledge') qualification:
- BTEC Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- BTEC Extended Diploma in Manufacturing Engineering
- Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering
- Diploma in Engineering Technology
- Diploma in Marine Construction, Systems Engineering and Maintenance
- Diploma in Mechanical Engineering Technology
- Extended Diploma in Aeronautical Engineering
Your chosen training provider can advise you about the qualifications open to apprentices as they can change depending on individual and other circumstances.
- Professional registration
- None specified.