Helping customers buy products or services from retail organisations such as department stores, garden centres, high street chains, supermarkets and online and mail order businesses.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £4,000 from 04 March 2019More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, building rapport and customer loyalty
- business principles, standards and practices - including achieving targets, brand value and marketing and promotion
- sales and promotion principles and techniques - increasing sales, repeat business and sales opportunities
- customer service principles and practices - including customer profiles, dealing with customers and meeting expectations
- customer communication - including active listening, face-to-face, online, telephone and written communication
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 firstname.lastname@example.org Manpower Services Ltd 07932 748 201 Jeremy.HayCampbell@manpower.co.uk NOCN 0300 999 1177 email@example.com GP Strategies Assessment Services 0162 429 2460 EMoran@gpstrategies.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org Occupational Awards Limited 01235 432 032 Info@oawards.co.uk City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 email@example.com Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org iCQ 07984 201555 email@example.com Instructus 01536 738631 johan.thomsen@Instructus.org Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 firstname.lastname@example.org NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 email@example.com BIIAB 01276 684449 firstname.lastname@example.org DSW Consulting 01302 760 008 email@example.com Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 / 07940 035681 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.