Healthcare support worker
Providing high-quality and compassionate health and social care for a wide range of people.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £3,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- health and social care principles and philosophy - including duty of care, person centred care, promoting mental health and well-being and safeguarding and protection
- healthcare needs from prenatal to end of life care and bereavement support
- carrying out routine clinical duties - including checking blood pressure and temperature and helping people eat, drink and wash etc
- infection prevention and control - including waste management, hand washing and using personal protective equipment (PPE)
- carrying out non-clinical tasks - including cleaning, making beds and record keeping
- working within a team to agreed workplace standards, policies and protocols
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a healthcare environment
- Care Certificate
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org NOCN 0300 999 1177 email@example.com Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 email@example.com City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited +44 (0) 7879 602674 email@example.com NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 firstname.lastname@example.org
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.