Operations / departmental manager
Managing teams and projects in line with a private, public or voluntary organisation's operational or departmental strategy.
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade C (or above).
- What apprentices will learn
- operational management principles - including operational planning, contingency planning and continuous improvement
- business management principles - including business development, business finance, sales and marketing
- project management - including business change, prioritisation techniques and time, resource and risk management
- performance management - including achieving targets, delivering objectives and setting KPIs
- leadership and management techniques - including coaching and mentoring, delegation, decision making, recruitment and problem solving
- relationship management - including negotiation and networking skills and partner, stakeholder and supplier management
- communications - including active listening, interpersonal skills, report writing and digital, verbal, non-verbal and written communication skills
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be able to register as full members of the Chartered Management Institute (CMI) and Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM).
Apprentices with 3 years management experience will be able to apply for chartered manager status through the CMI.
End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
|City and Guilds||0844 543 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Pearson Education Limited||07711 390 email@example.com|
|Innovate Awarding Limited||0117 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Chartered Management Institute||0333 220 email@example.com|
|Adalta Development Ltd||07813 701814/ 01952 541030||Vicky@adaltadevelopment.co.uk|
|NCFE/CACHE||0191 239 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|ProQual AB||01430 email@example.com|
|Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)||0845 226 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|South West Councils||01823 email@example.com|
|cHRysos HR Solutions Ltd||01302 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|GP Strategies Assessment Services||0161 429 2460||EMoran@gpstrategies.com|
|Occupational Awards Limited||01235 432 032||Info@oawards.co.uk|
|NOCN||0114 227 email@example.com|
|Further Training Ltd||0845 600 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|DSW Consulting||01302 760 email@example.com|