Customer service practitioner
Providing customer service products and services for businesses and other organisations including face-to-face, telephone, digital and written contact and communications.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £4,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- customer service principles and practices - including customer experience and feedback, internal and external customers, needs and priorities, targets and goals and right first time
- business principles and practices - including brand promise, core values, complaints process, internal policies and legislation and regulatory requirements
- customer service skills - including building rapport and trust, conflict management and influencing and reinforcement techniques
- communications - including interpersonal, tone of voice and verbal and non-verbal communications
- presentation - including dressing appropriately and using positive and confident language
- using customer service tools and resources - including those used to meet customer needs and measure, monitor and evaluate customer service levels
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be able to join the Institute of Customer Service as an individual member at professional level.
End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
|City and Guilds||0844 543 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|NOCN||0114 227 email@example.com|
|Pearson Education Limited||07711 390 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Innovate Awarding Limited||0117 email@example.com|
|NCFE/CACHE||0191 239 firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC)||0845 226 email@example.com|
|Active IQ||01480 467950||Sarah@activeiq.co.uk|
|Skillsfirst Assess||0121 270 firstname.lastname@example.org|