Carrying out routine financial activities and support for businesses and organisations of all types and sizes.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £9,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employers.
Candidates will usually have 5 GCSEs at grade A* to C (or equivalent) - including English and maths
- What apprentices will learn
- accountancy principles - including ethical standards, integrity, professional reputation and transparency
- business awareness - including adding value, business strategy and customer and supplier needs
- using accountancy tools and data - including analysing financial data and using payroll, purchasing and sales systems
- financial accounting and reporting - including accounts preparation, double-entry bookkeeping, taxation and final accounts and reports
- management accounting - including income and expenditure and planning and control
- communications - including interpersonal, written and verbal skills for internal and external customers
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.