Bus and coach engineering manager
Managing the engineering work carried out on buses and coaches for bus and coach operators.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have a relevant level 3 bus and coach engineer apprenticeship (or equivalent) or experience working in an engineering supervisor role.
- What apprentices will learn
- bus and coach engineering management principles - including best practice, emerging engineering standards, fleet maintenance, regulatory requirements and resource management
- bus and coach engineering management practices - including data analysis, managing breakdown and maintenance issues and quality inspections
- financial management - including budget, cost and stock control and setting and delivering targets
- team management - including leadership, motivation and staff development, performance and resourcing
- customer service - including building rapport, dealing with complaints and feedback and meeting expectations
- communications - including active listening, relationship and stakeholder management and presentation and report writing skills
- health and safety standards and legislation within a bus and coach environment - including Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA), operator licensing and Traffic Commissioner requirements
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
This apprenticeship meets the standards of the relevant professional bodies of the Engineering Council (EngC).
On completing their apprenticeship, apprentices can apply to register as an engineering technician (EngTech) with a relevant professional body.
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.