Making all kinds of beds, furniture and their related furnishings in a workshop or factory.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- furniture manufacturing principles - including manufacturing processes, material properties and characteristics, quality standards and output targets
- furniture manufacturing practices - including interpreting cutting lists, drawings and specifications, using and maintaining tools, machinery and equipment and completing work to schedule
- using and maintaining specialist tools and machinery
- specialist bed manufacturer, furniture manufacturer or modern upholsterer skills
- health and safety regulations and legislation within a manufacturing environment - including environmental and sustainability requirements
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G)
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration