Providing routine and one-off testing and technical support in a scientific laboratory environment.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £21,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- working safely in a laboratory
- following quality procedures
- regulatory requirements
- technical skills to fulfil their role
- producing, analysing and interpreting data, and applying statistical techniques
- communicating scientific information appropriately
- using appropriate scientific methods to identify the causes of problems and produce solutions
Apprentices will complete a level 3 or 4 qualification in a science or technology discipline relevant to their occupation and recognised for registration as a registered science technician (RSciTech).
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
This apprenticeship is recognised by the relevant professional organisations at RSciTech level.