Retail team leader
Guiding and coordinating staff, their work and sales within a retail environment.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have worked in an operational role within the retail industry.
- What apprentices will learn
- retail principles and practices - including brand standards, competition, customer service and feedback and sales and marketing
- business principles and practices - including product knowledge, resource management, revenue and unique selling points
- merchandising - including retail calendar, local needs, stock control and management
- leadership - including decision-making, taking responsibility and coaching and supporting staff
- team management - including coaching, conflict management, training and development and team dynamics
- communications - including face-to-face, online, verbal and non-verbal skills
- health and safety practices, standards and legislation within a retail environment
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number iCQ 07984 201555 firstname.lastname@example.org NOCN 0114 227 0500 email@example.com Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 firstname.lastname@example.org BIIAB 01276 684449 email@example.com GP Strategies Assessment Services 0161 429 2460 EMoran@gpstrategies.com Instructus 01536 738 631 johan.thomsen@Instructus.org City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 firstname.lastname@example.org Professional Assessment Ltd 0800 160 1899 / 07940 035681 email@example.com Babcock Assessments Ltd 0800 077 8738 firstname.lastname@example.org NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 email@example.com DSW Consulting 01302 760 008 firstname.lastname@example.org Occupational Awards Limited 01235 432 032 Info@oawards.co.uk Manpower Services Ltd 07932 748 201 Jeremy.HayCampbell@manpower.co.uk
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.