Senior compliance / risk specialist
Giving high-level advice to financial services organisations on the legal and regulatory rules they must follow, such as on data security or preventing money laundering
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £27,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- the law and rules governing financial services
- structure of the financial services industry
- in-depth knowledge of their organisation's customers
- financial products and services
- impact of the external environment on financial services
- how to provide high-quality advice
- analyse and interpret business, legal and regulatory information
Apprentices will complete one of a range of qualifications. The employer will choose the qualification.
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Depending on the qualification they complete, apprentices are eligible to apply to:
- International Compliance Association
- Chartered Institute of Securities & Investment
- Institute of Financial Services
- Chartered Banker Institute
- Chartered Insurance Institute
- Chartered Institute of Credit Management
- Institute of Risk Management
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.