Healthcare science associate
Working in hospitals, primary care and other healthcare settings, carrying out routine technical and scientific procedures. Supporting healthcare science (HCS) practitioners and clinical scientists.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- providing high-quality, technical scientific services
- professional practice, clinical care and person-centred care
- technical, physiological and other diagnostic testing and investigations
- managing quality, and researching and delivering service improvement
- maintaining a safe, healthy and secure working environment
- leadership and team management, mentoring and training
- contribute to the development and maintenance of standards and protocols, and safety of diagnostic and therapeutic services
- understanding of good scientific practice
- level 4 diploma in healthcare science
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be able to apply to join the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS) accredited associate register at level 4.
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number NOCN 0114 227 0500 email@example.com HEE National School of Healthcare Science 0121 695 2529 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited 07711 390 910 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.