Senior healthcare support worker
Providing high-quality and compassionate specialist health and social care for a range of people.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have previous experience as a support worker.
- What apprentices will learn
- principles and philosophy of health and social care
- complex and routine clinical duties and care plans
- patient assessment and coordination of care
- infection prevention and control
- team management, including delegating tasks, and training, mentoring and supervising colleagues
- supporting specialist senior healthcare support workers in their duties
- promoting health and well-being
- specialist skills: maternity, adult nursing, theatre, mental health
Depending on the specialism they choose, candidates will achieve 1 of these qualifications:
- level 3 diploma in clinical healthcare support
- level 3 diploma in maternity and paediatric support
- level 3 diploma in perioperative support
- level 3 diploma in mental health care
Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- take the test for level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number City and Guilds 0844 543 0000 firstname.lastname@example.org Pearson Education Limited 07879 602674 email@example.com Future (Awards and Qualifications) Ltd 01530 836662 firstname.lastname@example.org Training Qualifications UK 03333 583 344 email@example.com NOCN 0300 999 1177 firstname.lastname@example.org Innovate Awarding Limited 0117 3142800 email@example.com NCFE/CACHE 0191 240 8950 firstname.lastname@example.org Highfield Awarding Body for Compliance (HABC) 0845 226 0350 email@example.com
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.