Building Services Engineering Installer
Installing large-scale environmental system components for heating and cooling industrial and commercial buildings.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Candidates will usually have:
- achieved grade C or above in at least 5 GCSEs (or equivalent), including English, maths and level 1 information communications technology
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding building services engineering principles, including force and pressure, heat and power, materials, electricity and measurement
- understanding the planning, installation, testing and de-commissioning of building services
- using environmental systems, including compressed air, heating and water
- installing environmental systems components, including assembling and fixing controls, heat emitters, and pressure and storage vessels
- communications, including presentation, written and verbal skills
- health and safety practices and procedures relating to a building services environment
None specified. Before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must:
- achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- achieve level 1 information communications technology (equivalent to GCSE at grades D to G)
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.