Working with laboratory animals.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 15 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- making sure animals are well looked after
- handling animals safely
- setting up scientific studies
- understanding health and safety legislation
- analysis of research data
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- apprentices must also have achieved an IAT level 3 diploma in laboratory animal science and technology before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices who complete this apprenticeship will be eligible for membership of the Institute of Animal Technology.
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.