Food Industry Technical Professional
Ensuring the safety and quality of food and drink products.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- food legislation and regulations
- labelling requirements
- laboratory testing methods
- principles of food science
- supply chain management
- how to package food safely and hygienically
- degree in Food Science and Technology
- apprentices must have achieved English and maths GCSE grades 9 to 4 (equivalent to A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Institute of Food Science and Technology as a registered scientist after completing their apprenticeship.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.