Food Industry Technical Professional
Ensuring the safety and quality of food and drink products.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 48 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- food legislation and regulations
- labelling requirements
- laboratory testing methods
- principles of food science
- supply chain management
- how to package food safely and hygienically
- degree in Food Science and Technology
- apprentices must have achieved English and maths GCSE grades 9 to 4 (equivalent to A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the Institute of Food Science and Technology as a registered scientist after completing their apprenticeship.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.