Educating young people to achieve the highest possible standards.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
- grade 4 (C or above) or equivalent in GCSE English and maths
- all who intend to teach pupils aged 3 to 11 should have achieved a standard equal to a grade 4 GCSE in a science subject
- a degree or equivalent for entry to graduate initial teacher training programmes
- assessed as suitable to teach by accredited initial teacher training providers
- passed the national professional numeracy and literacy skills tests These entry criteria have statutory force under The Education (School Teachers' Qualifications) (England) Regulations 2003.
- What apprentices will learn
- understanding how pupils learn and how this affects teaching
- setting high expectations which, motivate and challenge pupils
- promoting good progress and outcomes by pupils
- understanding developments in subject and curriculum areas
- apprentices will need to achieve Qualified Teacher Status to successfully complete the course
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
View a list of end point assessment organisations for this standard
Organisation Phone Number TEACH Poole 01202 605315 email@example.com Surrey South Farnham SCITT 01252 717408 firstname.lastname@example.org London South Bank University 020 7815 7315 email@example.com Yorkshire and Humber Teacher Training 01482 349612 firstname.lastname@example.org Colchester Teacher Training Consortium 01206 364728 email@example.com Essex Teacher Training 033301 39982 firstname.lastname@example.org Essex and Thames Primary SCITT 01268 570215 email@example.com South Coast SCITT 01425 674625 firstname.lastname@example.org Harris Initial Teacher Education 0208 253 7758 email@example.com The Academy at Shotton Hall 01915180222 firstname.lastname@example.org University of Derby 01332 593225 email@example.com Tes Institute 0203 194 3164 firstname.lastname@example.org Teach SouthEast 01483729343 (Ext 173) n/a
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.