Providing high quality, compassionate care under the direction of a registered nurse
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- supporting individuals with all aspects of care including daily living
- performing and recording blood pressure, temperature, respirations and pulse
- undertaking clinical tasks including cannulation, venepuncture, electrocardiograms
- accurately recording nutritional and fluid intake
- ensuring the privacy, dignity and safety of individuals is maintained at all times
- foundation degree or level 5 diploma of higher education
- apprentices without level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email email@example.com with details.