Providing high quality, compassionate care under the direction of a registered nurse
5 (equivalent to foundation degree)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- supporting individuals with all aspects of care including daily living
- performing and recording blood pressure, temperature, respirations and pulse
- undertaking clinical tasks including cannulation, venepuncture, electrocardiograms
- accurately recording nutritional and fluid intake
- ensuring the privacy, dignity and safety of individuals is maintained at all times
- foundation degree or level 5 diploma of higher education
- apprentices without level 2 (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) English and maths will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.