Dental practice manager
Managing all non-clinical aspects of a dental surgery, leading the practice team and achieving excellent patient care and cost efficiency.
4 (equivalent to certificate of higher education)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
Candidates will usually have:
- GCSE grade C or above (or equivalent) in English and Maths
- A levels or other level 3 qualifications Prior relevant experience may also be considered as suitable.
- What apprentices will learn
- human resources
- patient care
- knowledge of clinical teams, dental diseases and terminology, and clinical audits
- marketing of the dental practice
- regulation and quality assurance
- NHS and private sector service delivery requirements
- leadership and management skills
Apprentices will have to achieve at least the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) level 4 Certificate in Leadership and Management.
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C).
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.