Preparing and operating different cranes to lift and place a variety of loads in the workplace.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- programming the crane's electronic information systems
- identifying the sequence of the lifting operations to be carried out
- directing and guiding the movement of loads and accurately placing them using a variety of communication methods
- attaching and securing various types of loads to a lifting hook ensuring balance, security and integrity
- NVQ level 2 diploma in plant operations
- NVQ level 2 diploma in controlling lifting operations
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.