Preparing and operating different cranes to lift and place a variety of loads in the workplace.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £15,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- programming the crane's electronic information systems
- identifying the sequence of the lifting operations to be carried out
- directing and guiding the movement of loads and accurately placing them using a variety of communication methods
- attaching and securing various types of loads to a lifting hook ensuring balance, security and integrity
- NVQ level 2 diploma in plant operations
- NVQ level 2 diploma in controlling lifting operations
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) will need to achieve this before taking the end-point assessment
- Professional registration
- End Point Assessment
There are no end point assessment organisations for this standard yet. There is a monthly application process for organisations interested in delivering end-point assessment. New organisations are added regularly.
If you have an urgent need to select an assessment organisation for this standard, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with details.