Laboratory Scientist - level 6
Carrying out scientific tests, research and investigations.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Candidates generally need at least level 3 (equivalent to A levels) maths and science or have relevant work experience in a similar field.
- What apprentices will learn
- evaluate complex scientific data
- how to carry out tests and analyse results
- developing technical standard operating procedures
- use scientific methods to solve problems
- effective communication skills
- apprentices will achieve a science degree relevant to their role. For example, chemistry, genetics or microbiology.
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices with suitable experience will be eligible for Registered Scientist (RSci) status with the Science Council.
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.