Commercial Thermal Insulation Operative
Working with insulation materials to make buildings more energy efficient
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £9,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
General training will include:
- using insulation materials on different surfaces
- protecting insulation with appropriate fittings
- set up and take down scaffolding
- following the organisation security, safety arrangements and procedures
- apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G) before taking their end-point assessment. They must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.