Servicing and repairing watches
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- how to repair and service a range of watches
- using test equipment
- adjusting watch movements
- refurbishing watch cases and straps
- using tools specific to the watch repair industry
- apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to join the British Watch and Clockmakers Guild when they complete this apprenticeship
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.