Science Industry Process/Plant Engineer (Degree)
Helping design the manufacturing process for science-based technology and products
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £24,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £24,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Typically candidates will have relevant level 3 (equivalent to A level) qualifications. Employers might consider prior work experience as an alternative
- What apprentices will learn
- preparing for, and performing, process/plant engineering tasks
- techniques for improving processes
- engineering data analysis
- managing and/or supporting the introduction of new technologies and practices
- using creative thinking and problem solving to challenge assumptions and come up with new ideas and innovations
- successful apprentices will achieve an engineering degree relevant to their role
- apprentices must have achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Successful apprentices will be eligible to apply for incorporated engineer status through an Engineering Council-licensed professional engineering institution such as the Institution of Chemical Engineers or Institution of Mechanical Engineers
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.