Business Fire Safety Advisor
Work with businesses to help protect their premises from fire
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £2,500 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £2,500 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- preparing fire safety visits
- understanding building drawings and layouts
- conducting fire safety assessments
- educating business owners on fire safety practices
- locating and assessing fire hazards
Before taking their end-point assessment, all apprentices must have:
- obtained a Level 3 fire safety qualification
- achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.