Geospatial Mapping and Science Degree
Analysing geographic data for things like maps, satellite navigation systems (satnav) and global positioning systems (GPS)
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 60 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £27,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Typically candidates will have relevant level 3 (equivalent to A level) qualifications
- What apprentices will learn
- how to use geospatial data effectively
- understanding mapping information
- taking accurate geospatial measurements
- legal requirements for doing survey work
- using the latest geographic information systems. Specialist subject areas include:
- geospatial engineering for major construction projects
- surveying large areas of water such as rivers, lakes and seas
- identifying underground public utilities
- mapping land boundaries
- successful apprentices will achieve a geospatial science degree relevant to their role
- apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C) before taking their end-point assessment
- Professional registration
Apprentices will be eligible to apply for membership of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors or Chartered Institution of Civil Engineering Surveyors
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.