Helping run hospitality services for passengers and crew on ships
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £6,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- menu planning
- costing and budgeting
- food preparation and cooking techniques
- health, safety and hygiene legislation
- customer service
- Level 2 award in maritime studies STCW safety
- before taking their end-point assessment apprentices must have achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades D to G). They must also have taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.