Servicing and repairing cars and vans
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 30 months
- Current funding band
Up to £12,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- how cars and vans work
- specialist tool and equipment usage
- servicing, repairs and maintenance
- how to carry out vehicle inspections
- customer service skills
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices who complete this apprenticeship will be eligible for membership of the Institute of the Motor Industry.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.