Preparing walls and ceilings for decoration and finishing.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £10,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- various types and techniques of plastering
- different types and eras of construction
- types of traditional and modern materials
- cost and environmental considerations
- high quality customer service
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- Professional registration
Construction Skills Certification Scheme (CSCS) Card.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.