Supporting teachers and helping children develop
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 18 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
Warning The funding band maximum for this apprenticeship will change to £5,000 from 01 August 2018More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer
- What apprentices will learn
- how to help children who need extra support
- techniques for supervising group activities
- managing class behaviour
- preparing materials that match development needs
- understanding child safety policies
Before taking their end-point assessment:
- apprentices must achieve level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.