Giving people life-saving medical help during emergencies.
6 (equivalent to bachelor's degree)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £27,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by the employer, but must meet the 15 standards as set out in the Care Certificate 2. Subject to Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) checks.
- What apprentices will learn
- assess and diagnose conditions
- supply and administer medicines
- maintain dignity and well-being
- manage complex and unexpected emergency situations
- deal calmly with all types of people
Paramedic degree approved by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
- Professional registration
Register as a paramedic with the HCPC
- End Point Assessment
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.