Outdoor Activity Instructor
Leading outdoor activities such as rock climbing, canoeing and hill walking.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £6,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer. Applicants will usually need to be at least 18 (21 if the role involves driving a minibus).
- What apprentices will learn
- how to lead groups of people
- techniques for giving clear instructions
- how to deal with challenging behaviour
- how to prepare and run activity sessions
- safety procedures
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
Apprentices can apply to become members of the Institute for Outdoor Learning when they complete this apprenticeship.
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.