Preparing food in a busy professional kitchen.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 12 months
- Current funding band
Up to £5,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- preparing, cooking and presenting dishes under tight time pressures
- how to keep a professional kitchen clean
- understanding different dietary requirements
- ensuring portions are the right size
- how to use specialist kitchen equipment
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.