Engineering Construction Erector / Rigger
Putting up and taking down plant steel structures on construction projects or lifting and moving heavy loads on a construction site.
3 (equivalent to A levels at grades A to E)
- Typical length
- 36 months
- Current funding band
Up to £18,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- lifting, moving and handling equipment
- communication and signalling methods
- identifying and using the correct tools
- risk assessment
- health and safety
- apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking the End-Point Assessment
- level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Lifting, Positioning and Installing Structures, Plant and Equipment (RQF) erecting
- level 3 Diploma in Engineering Construction Lifting, Positioning and Installing Structures, Plant and Equipment (RQF) rigging
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.