Structural Steelwork Erector
Assembling metal frameworks for buildings and structures.
2 (equivalent to GCSEs at grades A* to C)
- Typical length
- 24 months
- Current funding band
Up to £9,000 per apprentice.
More information about funding
- Entry requirements
Set by employer.
- What apprentices will learn
- identification of the fabricated steel frame components
- unloading fabricated steelwork from delivery vehicles safely
- tools and fixings
- identify steel erection defects
- interpret and work from fabrication drawings
Before taking their end-point assessment, apprentices must have:
- achieved level 1 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 3 to 1 or D to G)
- taken level 2 English and maths (equivalent to GCSE grades 9 to 4 or A* to C)
- Professional registration
- How apprentices are assessed
A government-approved organisation must assess apprentices towards the end of their apprenticeship.
This end-point assessment ensures apprentices achieve the skills, training and any qualifications necessary to complete their apprenticeship.
You can download the assessment plan from the Institute for Apprenticeships. There are no end-point assessment organisations for this apprenticeship yet. Please email email@example.com if you urgently need an end-point assessment organisation.
- More Information
The Institute for Apprenticeships has more detailed information about this apprenticeship.